Tuesday 11 September 2007

THE IRISH ARE NICE PEOPLE!!

the wonderful rosslare beach
the nice irish man
his precious drawings
isn't it a wonderful beach??

yes, sure it is!!


The Irish are really very nice people, well, I know that before, but yesterday I had an adventure proofing this. I went to the beach at Rosslare Harbour, which is not far from Wexford, just 30 minutes by bus, I was happy to find a beach, I really needed to relax and more than that to swim in the freezing water like the Irish do !!
Any way after that I had a nice long walk along the beach, it’s a wonderful beach, kind of rocky and sandy at the same time, with lots of birds and I saw some seals swimming near the beach as well.
While I was walking, a local man came to me and proposed that to take a photo for me with my camera, that was nice, then he just invited me to his home which is near the beach to have a cup of tea. I know, that was strange, any way I decided to go and see what happens, so I went to his home, and there was another old man living with him, he showed me the home, I felt comfortable after that as I felt he is a normal man.
So after showing me his home, he showed me his passion, it’s drawings of boats, ships and the sea, he has plenty of them, they are simple, but realistic showing different types of ships and boats in different weather conditions.
I felt that this was his life, ships and the sea, and he loves it. After that we had a cup of tea and home made bread, he talked a lot but I just understood 30 percent of what he said as he speaks so fast with an accent.
I understood that the old man living with him is not his father, it’s just a neighbour who doesn’t have any children, and he is taking care of him because he has a mental problem, so he has to take drugs and need some one to watch him.
So that was his life, just fishing, doing his passion in drawing all these ships and boats, and inviting different people to his home just to have a talk and to show them his drawings beside taking care of an old man.
At the end he gave me a couple of his drawings, and he asked me to take good care of them, they really mean a lot to him. And when I went back, he gave me a home made bread he did it himself, and he said whenever I pass by to visit him. I was really touched by this adventure, and how life some times gets simple but people could be very happy of it, while others have a more complex life with all the money and facilities they need and they don’t need and they’re not happy.
It’s really complex and simple at the same time the mystery of happiness, isn’t it?

8 comments:

Omar Gheriani said...

Your pics reminded me of al Naggazza beach and its small island near al Khoms, it was a beautiful beach but with warmer waters. Ramadan Moubarek.

BeSHeSHeNtRa... said...

beautiful story sho , thank you so much , It is really wonderful to know that there is still ppl like tha nice man living a simple happy life , Ramadan kareem , ur pics are wonderful , keep on blogging u r great :0)

Sho said...

thanks gheriani, yes you are right, it's kind of close to that beach, but offcourse the water here is much colder.
Ramadan Moubarek to you too dear Gheriani

Sho said...

thanks dear besheshentra for you comment, you are right, I was touched to know that there are still people satisfy with a simple life like this nice Irish man.
and Ramadan Kareem to you dear Benghazi girl!

Benghazi Citizen said...

Interesting..I think we got so consumed with our busy lives so we forgat that there is still people who like to care...just care for no thing in return....
I assume u found the alternative for the long walks on Elsabri beach,,huh?:)
enjoy my friend
nice story...

Sho said...

tks dear benghazi citezen, yes you are right, it's much better than elsabri walks, but still miss your company friend, glad that you visited my blog, take care friend.

Baawuffwuff said...

This is a lovely story, it touches my heart to think of tat man living quietly, doing his drawings and looking after the old man, but still reaching out to other people and inviting them in to his home.

Unknown said...

The Expanse system is comprised of several units, the main unit, the EXP-10...